15 Maiden Lane is a 1936 American crime film directed by Allan Dwan and starring Claire Trevor and Cesar Romero, with Lloyd Nolan. The plot involves an insurance investigator (Trevor) who infiltrates a gang who had stolen jewels from the eponymous building on Maiden Lane in the Fulton Street District of Manhattan. The neighborhood had been the center of New York City's Diamond District since the 19th century before its gradual relocation uptown to 47th Street after World War II. TheMuseum of Modern Art in New York City screened a restored print of the film in June 2013 as part of an Allan Dwan retrospective.
Insurance investigator Trevor pretends to be a thief to enter a gang of jewel thieves.
- Claire Trevor as Jane Martin
- Cesar Romero as Frank Peyton
- Lloyd Nolan as Detective Walsh
- Douglas Fowley as Nick Shelby
- Lester Matthews as Gilbert Lockhart
- Robert McWade as John Graves
- Holmes Herbert as Harold Anderson