36 Hours to Kill is a 1936 American drama film directed by Eugene Forde and written by Lou Breslow and John Patrick. The film stars Brian Donlevy, Gloria Stuart,Douglas Fowley, Isabel Jewell, Stepin Fetchit and Julius Tannen. It is based on the short story "Across the Aisle" by W. R. Burnett. The film was released on July 24, 1936, by 20th Century Fox.
A G-man (Brian Donlevy) tracks a criminal (Douglas Fowley) on the lam who won a prize in a sweepstakes.
- Brian Donlevy as Frank Evers
- Gloria Stuart as Anne Marvis
- Douglas Fowley as Duke Benson
- Isabel Jewell as Jeanie Benson
- Stepin Fetchit as Flash
- Julius Tannen as Dr. Borden
- Warren Hymer as Hazy
- Romaine Callender as Simpkins
- James Burke as Doyle
- Jonathan Hale as Conductor
- Gloria Mitzi Carpenter as Gertrude
- Charles Lane as Rickert