Born Reckless is a 1937 gangster film directed by Malcolm St. Clair and Gustav Machatý (St. Clair received sole directorial credit) and starring Brian Donlevy andRochelle Hudson. Donlevy plays a race-car champion who infiltrates a mob-run taxi cab company. Barton MacLane plays the chief mobster.
Bob Kane (Brian Donlevy), an auto racer, becomes a cab driver for a company that is being strong-armed by Jim Barnes (Barton MacLane) and his gangsters trying to gain control of all of the city's taxi companies.
- Rochelle Hudson as Sybil Roberts
- Brian Donlevy as Bob 'Hurry' Kane
- Barton MacLane as Jim Barnes
- Robert Kent as Lee Martin
- Harry Carey as Dad Martin
- Pauline Moore as Dorothy Collins
- Chick Chandler as Windy Bowman
- William Pawley as Mac
- Francis McDonald as Louie
- George Walcott as Danny Horton (as George Wolcott)
- Joseph Crehan as District Attorney