Laughing at Trouble is a 1936 American comedy film directed by Frank R. Strayer and written by Robert Ellis and Helen Logan. The film stars Jane Darwell, Brook Byron, Allan Lane, Sara Haden, Lois Wilson and Margaret Hamilton. The film was released on December 11, 1936, by 20th Century Fox.
A man convicted of murder escapes from jail and hides out in the home of a small town newspaper publisher who has befriended him. She knows who the real killer is.
- Jane Darwell as Glory Bradford
- Brook Byron as Mary Bradford
- Allan Lane as John Campbell
- Sara Haden as Mrs. Jennie Nevins
- Lois Wilson as Alice Mathews
- Margaret Hamilton as Lizzie Beadle
- Pert Kelton as Ella McShane
- John Carradine as Deputy Sheriff Alec Brady
- James Burke as Sheriff Bill Norton
- Russell Hicks as Cyrus Hall
- Eddie Acuff as Jamie Bradford
- Frank Reicher as Dr. Larson
- William "Billy" Benedict as Wilbur
- Edward McWade as Harvey