Tarzan's Revenge is a 1938 American adventure film starring Glenn Morris in his only outing as Tarzan. Eleanor Holm, a popular swimming star, co-starred as Eleanor Reed. The film was produced by Sol Lesser, written by R. Lee Johnson and Jay Vann (based on the character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs) and directed by D. Ross Lederman. Sol Lesser cast two Olympic athletes in Tarzan's Revenge: 1936 decathlon champion Glenn Morris as Tarzan and aquatic medal-winner Eleanor Holm as "Eleanor".
Eleanor Reed (Eleanor Holm) accompanies her parents, Roger and Penny (George Barbier and Hedda Hopper), and Nevin Potter (George Meeker), her fiancé, on an expedition to Africa to capture wild animals to sell to a zoo. Ben Alleu Bey (C. Henry Gordon) spots Eleanor and wishes her to become the one hundredth wife in hisharem. When she refuses, he follows their safari.
Both groups are followed closely by Tarzan, who releases the animals and woos Eleanor away from both Nevin and Bey. When Nevin discovers that Eleanor plans to remain behind with Tarzan, he attempts to kill him, but only grazes his shoulder with a round fired at close range. Tarzan attacks Nevin, but releases him at Eleanor's behest. As the Reeds' ship sails down the river, Tarzan and Eleanor go for a swim.
- Glenn Morris as Tarzan
- Eleanor Holm as Eleanor Reed
- George Meeker as Nevin Potter, Eleanor's fiancé
- Hedda Hopper as Penny Reed, Eleanor's mother
- George Barbier as Roger Reed, Eleanor's father
- C. Henry Gordon as Ben Alleu Bey
- Joe Sawyer as Olaf Punch (as Joseph Sawyer)
- Corbet Morris as Jigger - Nevin's Servant
- John Lester Johnson as Koki - Chief Bearer
- Frederick Clarke as Ben Alleu's Servant