Thank You, Jeeves! is a 1936 comedy film directed by Arthur Greville Collins and written by Stephen Gross and Joseph Hoffman. The film stars Arthur Treacher,Virginia Field, David Niven, Lester Matthews, Colin Tapley and John Graham Spacey. The film was released on October 4, 1936, by 20th Century Fox.
Although the film bears the same title as one of P.G. Wodehouse's novels, and the two leading characters are Jeeves and Bertie Wooster, the screenplay, by Stephen Gross and Joseph Hoffman, bears no similarity to any Wodehouse novel. In a letter to his friend Guy Bolton, written many years later (15 August 1973), Wodehouse wrote: "They didn't use a word of my story, substituting another written by some studio hack."
The film was re-edited for television in 1955, and broadcast in the series TV Hour of the Stars, under the title Thank You, Mr Jeeves.
Valet Jeeves gets his master, Bertie Wooster, out of a jam with gunrunners.
- Arthur Treacher as Jeeves
- Virginia Field as Marjorie Lowman
- David Niven as Bertie Wooster
- Lester Matthews as Elliott Manville
- Colin Tapley as Tom Brock
- John Graham Spacey as Jack Stone
- Ernie Stanton as Mr. Snelling
- Gene Reynolds as Bobby Smith
- Douglas Walton as Edward McDermott
- Willie Best as Drowsy