You Can't Have Everything is a 1937 Fox musical film directed by Norman Taurog and produced by Darryl F. Zanuck. The movie stars Alice Faye and Don Ameche, and was the film debut for Gypsy Rose Lee.
Judith Poe Wells (Alice Faye) is a would-be playwright who has almost no money. As a result of ordering a meal in a restaurant where she cannot afford to pay, she meets George Macrae (Don Ameche), a musical writer with a lot of power. He offers her play North Winds to producer Sam Woods. He knows it isn't any good, but he has fallen in love with her and does it to win her over.
- Alice Faye – Judith Poe Wells
- Don Ameche – George Macrae
- Al Ritz – Al Ritz
- Jimmy Ritz – Jimmy Ritz
- Harry Ritz – Harry Ritz
- Charles Winninger – Sam Gordon
- Gypsy Rose Lee – Lulu Riley
- Arthur Treacher – Bevins
- Tony Martin – Bobby Walker
- David Rubinoff – Rubinoff and His Violin